AH SPIRULINA POWDER 1 LB
Spirulina Powder (Arthrospira Platensis) is a type of algae that can grow in both sea water and fresh water. It is commonly used as a dietary supplement. It has many nutrients, minerals and antioxidants that are good for both your body and brain. Some consider it to be one of the most nutrient dense foods on the earth. It may improve your levels of blood lipids, suppress oxidation, reduce blood pressure and lower blood sugar levels and HBA1C levels.
3 in stock
AT A GLANCE
Spirulina often referred to as blue green algae is a super food that is nutritionally dense and the substance of over 1800 published research papers. According to Dr. Ax, a renowned health practitioner "the health benefits of spirulina are so profound that taken on a daily basis they could help restore and revitalize your health."
- Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lowers LDL triglyceride levels.
- Protects bad cholesterol from oxidizing.
- Studies showed a marked improvement in oral cancer lesions from taking Spirulina.
- A dose of at least 4,5g per day has been shown to reduce blood pressure.
- Effective treatment of Rhinitis.
- Increase the Hemoglobin content of red blood cells.
- Enhance endurance.
- Help lower HbA1c.
10. High in nutrients
- Protein: 4 grams
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): 11% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 15% of the RDA
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): 4% of the RDA
- Copper: 21% of the RDA
- Iron: 11% of the RDA
- It also contains potassium, magnesium,manganese and almost every trace mineral that a person needs. Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids in this food is also in a healthy ratio. Spirulina is also packed with a host of antioxidants and essential amino acids.
- Spirulina has the effect of boosting the immune system. People with conditions suffering from an over active immune system and auto immune diseases might react adversely to Spirulina.
- Spirulina slows blood clotting and people with bleeding disorders may be at risk of bruising easily
- It can lower blood sugar levels and diabetics should take caution.
- People with Phenylketonuria might react adversely to spirulina because it contains a substance called phenylalanine that could adversely affect this condition.
Immunesuppressants like: azathioprine (Imuran), basiliximab (Simulect), cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune), daclizumab (Zenapax), muromonab-CD3 (OKT3, Orthoclone OKT3), mycophenolate (CellCept), tacrolimus (FK506, Prograf), sirolimus (Rapamune), prednisone (Deltasone, Orasone), corticosteroids (glucocorticoids).