AH PAU D’ARCO BARK POWDER 1 LB
Pau D’Arco or (Tabebuia Avellanedae) herb comes from the inner bark of an Amazonian tree. Studies found that a component of this herb, beta-lapachone, inhibits notoriously difficult to control gut bacteria like Helicobacter (H.) pylori and infections like Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). It has traditionally been used to inhibit infections, inflammation and reduce weight. It has been used to inhibit a wide range of inflammatory, viral and bacterial conditions.
9 in stock
AT A GLANCE
This herb is largely used for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal property. Only the inner bark of this tree is used for medicinal purposes. It has similar properties as Chaparral but is less harsh (The Natural Remedies Encyclopedia, Vance H. Ferrel. P173).
- Inhibit bacteria and fungi.
- Used to inhibit proliferation of Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Helicobacter (H.) pylori, the gut bacteria known for causing ulcers.
- Treat inflammatory conditions like osteoarthritis, arthritis and atherosclerosis.
- Neuro-inflammatory disorders.
- Weight loss
Inflammatory conditions like in:
- Bladder and prostate infections.
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Common cold.
- Infections with yeast, bacteria, viruses, or parasites.
- Intestinal worm
- Sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhea, syphilis)
This is a medicinal herb and not a food grade herb. Possibly unsafe if taken in very high dosis for a prolonged period. Side effects when taken in high dosages such as
nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, and internal bleeding have been reported.
Not enough research has been done to confirm its safety of use during pregnancy or breast feeding.
It can slow blood clotting so it is advisable to stop using it before an operation.
(Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs) interacts with PAU D'ARCO