SW ESSIAC TEA 1 LB
Essiac tea is mainly composed of burdock root, sheep sorrel, slippery elm and Indian (or Turkey) rhubarb root. It is reported to be a pleasant tea to drink and research has confirmed that it can enhance detoxification, boost immune function and reduce inflammation. It is also reported to have polyphenols, flavonoids and tannins that protect the body from DNA damage.
23 in stock
- Contains compounds that has some diuretic properties that improves circulation, skin tone and stabilize blood sugar;
- Research suggests it contains Anthraquinones (contained in Sheep Sorrel) which are believed to stimulate peristaltic movement of the intestines;.
- Antiviral properties;
- RIch in antioxidants and treats inflammatory bowel disease;
- Rich in polyphenols, flavonoids and tannins that fight free radical damage.
- Detoxifying the blood and liver.
- Though many claims have been made about this Essiac tea's anti cancer properties none of such claims have been verified conclusively by research.
- Patients with breast cancer should be cautious in taking this tea. Two studies showed an increase in breast cancer growth.
- An increase in blood toxicity has been reported in patients taking this tea while on chemotherapy.
- Diuretic drugs
- Diabetic drugs
- Birth control pills
- Hormone replacement drugs
- Drugs that affect the kidneys and liver
- DX-8951f (experimental chemotherapy drug)