- 8 oz (225g) fettuccine pasta (ensure it’s vegan-friendly)
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste (optional, for depth of flavor)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Vegan Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Prepare the Creamy Cashew Sauce:
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, unsweetened almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and white miso paste (if using). Blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cook the Fettuccine Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Sauté the Mushrooms and Garlic:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté until they release their moisture and become golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
Combine the Ingredients:
- Return the sautéed mushrooms and garlic to the skillet over low heat.
- Pour the creamy cashew sauce over the mushrooms and stir to combine. Heat gently until warmed through.
- Add the cooked fettuccine noodles to the skillet and toss to coat them in the creamy mushroom and garlic sauce.
- Divide the vegan Creamy Cashew Fettuccine Alfredo with Garlic and Mushrooms among serving plates.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and a sprinkle of vegan Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Enjoy your decadent Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Creamy Cashew Sauce, Garlic, and Mushrooms. Revel in the indulgent flavors and velvety texture of this classic dish, elevated with wholesome and plant-based ingredients.
Note: You can customize this recipe by adding other sautéed vegetables or protein sources, such as spinach or vegan chick’n. Adjust the seasonings and quantities according to your taste preferences.