Prepare the TVP:
- In a bowl, combine the TVP granules, vegetable broth or water, soy sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes to rehydrate and absorb the flavors.
Sauté the Filling:
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Add the diced bell pepper and sauté until slightly softened.
Cook the TVP Mixture:
- Add the rehydrated TVP mixture to the skillet and stir well to combine with the sautéed vegetables.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the TVP is heated through and the flavors are well combined.
- Stir in the drained diced tomatoes and optional sliced jalapeños. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes to let the flavors meld.
Assemble the Tacos:
- Warm up your taco shells or tortillas according to package instructions.
- To assemble each taco, place a spoonful of the TVP filling in the center of the shell.
- Top with shredded lettuce or cabbage, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, and any other desired toppings.
- Serve the TVP tacos with lime wedges and salsa or hot sauce on the side.
- If using cheese, sprinkle it over the taco filling before adding the fresh toppings.
Enjoy your delicious and protein-packed TVP tacos! Feel free to customize the toppings to your preference and add extras like guacamole, chopped onions, or black beans for even more flavor and texture.
Cook the Red Lentil Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the red lentil pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente (usually around 8-10 minutes).
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
Prepare the Tomato Sauce:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
Add the Tomatoes and Seasoning:
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the dried basil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to let the flavors meld and the sauce to thicken.
Combine Pasta and Sauce:
- Add the cooked red lentil pasta to the skillet with the tomato sauce.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce until well coated and heated through.
- Divide the pasta among serving plates.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves.
- If desired, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top.
Serve the red lentil pasta with a side salad or your favorite vegetable for a complete meal.
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other vegetables (such as sautéed bell peppers, spinach, or zucchini) or protein (such as tofu, soy or Beyond vegan beef crumble) to the sauce for added flavor and nutrition.
Remember, cooking times and ingredient quantities may vary based on personal preferences and the specific brand of red lentil pasta you are using.