- 3 cups Prairie Gold White Whole Wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (for added lightness)
- 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm water (110-115°F)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Olive oil or cooking spray (for greasing)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Prairie Gold White Whole Wheat flour, all-purpose flour, vital wheat gluten, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the active dry yeast in warm water. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until frothy.
- Stir the honey or maple syrup and olive oil into the yeast mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 8-10 minutes, or until the dough is smooth, elastic, and slightly tacky to the touch.
- Place the kneaded dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 1 to 1 ½ hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the risen dough to release excess air. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and shape it into a loaf.
- Place the shaped dough into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan. Cover the pan with a kitchen towel and let the dough rise again for about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Once the dough has risen, place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and carefully transfer the loaf from the pan to a wire rack. Let it cool completely before slicing.
- Slice and enjoy your Soft and Fluffy Prairie Gold White Whole Wheat Bread with Added Wheat Gluten. Each bite is a harmonious blend of flavors and textures, making it a wonderful addition to your meals or a satisfying snack.
Tip: The inclusion of vital wheat gluten enhances the bread’s structure and creates a soft, tender crumb. It’s a fantastic way to achieve a light and airy texture while retaining the nutritional benefits of whole wheat flour.